Search This Blog

Followers

Tuesday, February 5, 2013

Bummed-Out Becca

Starting up Geothermal all by my lonesome
Because she appears to have sprained the elbow in her right leg Becca has been ordered by the doctor not to hike for a week.  A whole week!  Becca has never gone for more than a few days without hiking. I felt very lonely hiking sans dog this morning--even though I saw a Coyote not far off the road when I was just getting started.  Hopefully the rest, the anti-inflammatory drug, and the icing of the elbow (carried out by Nurse Packrat) will soon restore the beloved canine to health.
A sunny desert morning

One of the dirt roads leading back to the city

Tortugas from afar

Back at the ranch a Ladderback Woodpecker pecks a dead Palo Verde tree

Small stream of water running down our arroyo

One disappointed dog

3 comments:

Dr. K said...

Poor Becca--but it is for her own good. I just wish we could explain that to her.

Scott said...

I'd have to check my records, but I think that a Ladder-backed would be a life-lister for me. Good for you!

Sorry to hear about Becca. How do you think she sprained her elbow? this must be killing her; I suspect she lives for these walks.4221 niztuto

packrat said...

Scott:

I saw Becca go down over an embankment a little carelessly, and I'm pretty sure that's when she sprained the ankle. I've been taking her out when I get home from my hikes, but it's not what she really wants to do.

The Low High Country

Morning sky Dr. K, Willow and I did our regular hike this morning, headed back home and finished packing for our trip to the high country, w...