Search This Blog

Followers

Monday, February 11, 2013

Solo 7

A Yucca in its death throes
It was a bit chilly this morning, but sunny with little wind.  I ran into Jimmy and Greg on the road leading to the top of Tortugas, but I explained to them I couldn't chat for long because I had to get home to let my dog out into the arroyo next to the ranch.  She has so much pent-up energy I'm afraid I won't be able to keep her calm on her first hike in a week tomorrow.  We'll see how it goes.
Road through the desert

Dirt bike track through an arroyo

Target practice?  A full can of Coors Light

Torrey (left) and Soaptree Yucca

Becca spots White-Wing Doves at the ranch

3 comments:

Dr. K said...

I wish people wouldn't use the desert for target practice.

Scott said...

Kids occasionally leave unopened bottles and cans of beer in my preserve, too--sometimes in relatively large quantities. I wonder why they bother to haul it long distances into secluded spots, only to leave it there. Perhaps they're spooked by something and have to high-tail it into the woods. Why are these abandoned brews always crap like Coors, though, is what I want to know...

packrat said...

I'm glad it wasn't a quality beer, Scott, or I might have been compelled to drink it.

:)

The Low High Country

Morning sky Dr. K, Willow and I did our regular hike this morning, headed back home and finished packing for our trip to the high country, w...