Search This Blog

Followers

Tuesday, November 26, 2013

Sun Makes a Return


Even though it was 27 F. this morning, the good old desert sun made a significant difference in the ambient temperature.  I had wisely worn a lighter-weight coat, and I was not sorry I had.  We did a moderately-long hike west of Tortugas Mountain, and on our way back--not far from the trailhead--we ran into Jimmy.  We stood talking Oryx Gazelle until JC and Shaque joined us; then the three of us shot the shoot while Becca and Shaque romped around.  I had to excuse myself from the congenial group because I had shopping to do and errands to run.  For some reason Becca seemed eager to go, too.

1 comment:

Dr. K said...

A nice way to start the day--a hike with your favorite dog and a chat with good friends.

Before the Winds Came

Ocotillo blossoms We got a fairly early start this morning, saw the Basset people and their hounds while we descended LDR-A arroyo, saw a hu...