Search This Blog

Followers

Saturday, July 28, 2018

Flea Day

A look up Haynes Canyon early this morning
When we returned from our trek on the Grand View Trail this morning both Champ and Cowboy came over to greet us.  Both Dr. K and I petted the two friendly canines extensively.  Later, when I combed Becca with a flea comb (which I do every day) I found four or five fleas that I immediately drowned.  In over ten years of using a flea comb on her I can't recall ever finding a single flea.  And she's been on Nexgard for years.  She's due for her next dose in two days, and, of course, I forgot to bring one of the chews up here with us.  I'll have to comb her out carefully for the next few days until we get back and I can administer the treatment.
Cloudy skies early on

Moseying down the trail

A few patches of blue sky


White Sands on a very hazy morning

Approaching the ramada

Some type of groundsel?

Dr. K and Becca on the Grand View Trail

Mexican Barberry (Berberis haematocarpa)

Trekking down the trail

Allthorn in bloom

Dr. K and Becca

Looking across the Tularosa Basin

These were the weather conditions all during our hike

Forest and mountains

Another Tularosa Basin vista

Light and shadow in the Tularosa Basin

More Allthorn in bloom

Allthorn

Allthorn

meh

This and the next two:  Chihuahuan Flax (Linum vernale Wooton)



Headed back

Guess who

Chihuahuan Flax

Beats me

1 comment:

Dr. K said...

I love those close-up photos of the allthorn blossoms. Such gorgeous flowers for a plant that's always filled with thorns.

Hump Day Hawk

Tortugas and the Organs We got a fairly early start this morning so it wasn't hot at all:  62F.  The cloud cover helped the temperature ...