Search This Blog

Followers

Wednesday, July 25, 2018

Less Than an Hour

Just setting off on the west side of Tortugas Mountain
When I took Becca out early for her morning constitutional in the arroyo beside our house she stopped to hold her left paw up.  I could find no thorn or spike, but when I put her foot down she limped slightly.  When we went out to the car to leave for Tortugas Mountain to do our morning hike she didn't sprint as usual.  My suspicions were aroused.  Then, during our trek, I saw her favor her left leg several times, so it was an easy decision to cut the hike short; we were out there for only fifty minutes.  We haven't seen her limp since she's been home, but we're watching carefully.  I'm still giving her a glucosamine/chondroitin/vitamin C tab every morning.
The way to the Sunset Area ramada

Do you see a face in this rock?

Yucca and Ocotillo

Western flank of Tortugas Mountain

Whoa--that's a long way down!

Think I'll sing instead of fly

Break

Belting out a tune

Did I use enough deodorant this morning?

Heading back in

Black-throated Sparrow

Blackfoot Daisy

Becca is delighted to see Dr. K out in the yard

What is that dance they're doing?

Coming, Dr. K?

2 comments:

Dr. K said...

Beautiful photos of the desert cardinal, Packrat.

Caroline said...

Love the cardinal! And seeing Dr. K dancing!

Grand Old Grand View Trail

Early morning moon Willow got an early morning surprise today; when we came back down the drive after her constitutional we stopped at the p...