Search This Blog

Followers

Saturday, October 23, 2021

Almost Always Pulling

Morning moon
Willow ruined our hike this morning by latching onto a scent she wouldn't quit and pulling until my right arm felt as if it would come out of the socket.  I tried reasoning with her, but it didn't work.  At one point I even held her up by the top of her harness so that only her back feet were touching the ground; but as soon as I let her down she was back at it.

Due to her bad behavior I was forced to cut the hike really short, turning around at the bottom of LDR-A and heading right back up it to the flatlands.  We were back home by 8:25--at least forty minutes earlier than the norm.

The perplexing thing about Willow is that she's often very well behaved; like yesterday, for instance, when our outing was completely pleasant due to good canine composure.  Oh well, I supposed I'll just have to keep working on her until she calms down vis-a-vis desert scents.

Soaptree Yucca and Ocotillo

The long view

Lone Soaptree

Frio and Willow

This & next 2:  West of the Organ Mountains



Withering Stingleaf flowers

Road not taken

Tortugas and the Organs

 

1 comment:

Dr. K said...

I like the photo you call the Road Not Taken. I hope Willow settles down soon, Packrat.

The Low High Country

Morning sky Dr. K, Willow and I did our regular hike this morning, headed back home and finished packing for our trip to the high country, w...