Search This Blog

Followers

Thursday, February 17, 2022

Forty-Two Hundred Feet

View from LDR-A
35F when we got started this morning, but it didn't feel too bad because there was little wind.  Both Heelers were raring to go, especially Willow who seemed eager to see a critter--any critter--running for cover.  We saw none.

Did our usual hike, with a few extra stops for me to check out the new altitude app I installed on my phone yesterday.  It's pretty cool, especially in the hybrid mode where it shows a satellite GPS image of location, too.

We saw no other human nature enthusiasts out there today, which, as I've said numerous times in the past, is just all right with me.

Artsy B&W

This & next:  hill west of the Organ Mountains


Willow and Frio at rest in Right Branch Arroyo

Familiar deadwood

Organ Mountains

 

1 comment:

Dr. K said...

I like the artsy black-and-white photo--it makes the desert look eerie.

Low Country and then High

This & next:  Pyrrhuloxia (aka Desert Cardinal) Willow and I did our regular hike this morning, returning afterward to finish packing fo...