Search This Blog

Followers

Friday, January 13, 2023

Colder Than Yesterday, But Warmer

1st 2:  American Kestrel
31F when we started our hike this morning, but due to abundant sunshine and absence of wind the weather conditions felt far warmer than yesterday.

Just before we headed down the LDR-A arroyo we spotted the little kestrel pictured in the first two images.  I wasn't able to capture the image I really was after because the bird flew away just as I began to depress the shutter button.

We didn't see anybody out and about in our section of northern Chihuahuan Desert today, but we did hear a few distant dog barks.


Desert west of the Organ Mountains

Tortugas and the Organs

Desert between here and the Organ foothills

Frio and Willow in the middle branch

This morning's moon


 

1 comment:

Dr. K said...

I think the photos of the American Kestrel came out pretty well.

Metatarsalgia Hike

Willow taking a break Dr. K, Willow and I took our regular hike this morning despite my aching feet.  I seem to have all the symptoms of met...