Search This Blog

Followers

Saturday, January 14, 2023

Saturday Solo with Heelers

Missile contrail early this morning?
Dr. K couldn't make it for this morning's hike so Frio, Willow and I did our usual trek.

Just as I let them off lead in the middle branch arroyo I noticed a guy hiking along a ridge east of us.  A short while later we heard dogs barking.  Somebody else was with the guy and dogs, and it wasn't until they'd descended into the Tellbrook Arroyo that I realized it was the Basset Hounds with their humans.

Although the Heelers were excited by the nearby presence of other dogs they both responded to my commands to stay with me.  I appreciated that very much.

Long view of Tortugas and the Organs

Organ Mountains

Balloon rock

This & next:  hot-air balloons over the Mesilla Valley


Dove

Frio and Willow

Morning moon

Balloon and Picacho Mountain

 

1 comment:

Dr. K said...

I like the photo of the balloon over Picacho.

Metatarsalgia Hike

Willow taking a break Dr. K, Willow and I took our regular hike this morning despite my aching feet.  I seem to have all the symptoms of met...