Search This Blog

Followers

Saturday, September 30, 2023

Hummer Detente

This & next:  Tortugas and the Organs
For the first time in perhaps three weeks Dr. K accompanied Willow, Frio and me on the morning hike; it seems she's finally over the Covid infection that sidelined her.

We did our usual trek, and I was curious to see if the ocotillos were still flowering; they were, and several hummingbirds were still feasting on the flowers.  Seems the hummers had come to some kind of sharing agreement on the nectar because they weren't battling each other for sipping rights.

When we got home I had to replace the Jeep's rear door pistons which had failed on me last week when I was loading groceries into the rear compartment after shopping at Albertsons.


Ocotillos

This & next 6:  Hummers at the Ocotillo flowers







Last 2:  Frio and Willow


 

1 comment:

Dr. K said...

Those are spectacular photos of the Hummers on the Ocotillo flowers. I like the second one the best.

Another Wednesday Walkabout

A male Gambel's Quail in a mesquite We did our regular hike again today, adding distance by doing a short bushwhack out of the left bran...