Search This Blog

Followers

Thursday, April 18, 2024

Metatarsalgia Hike

Willow taking a break
Dr. K, Willow and I took our regular hike this morning despite my aching feet.  I seem to have all the symptoms of metatarsalgia, especially in the right foot.  Nevertheless, it seemed incumbent upon me to take Willow and Dr. K out into the desert for the daily trek.

Surprisingly my right foot seemed better when we got back, and now I'm convinced I have to hike with my orthotics in my Keen boots from now on.  I'll keep monitoring my feet before deciding when, and if, we'll take a trip to the high country soon.

We saw nobody else out there while we made the rounds.


Desert Cardinal

Swainsy

Willow leading the pack

Last 4:  the same Western Kingbird, a flycatcher




 

1 comment:

Dr. K said...

I love the second image of the Western Kingbird.

So Much Yellow

Early light across Las Cruces The amazing thing about this morning's hike was the sheer number of yellow flowers blooming--in October!  ...