Search This Blog

Followers

Saturday, April 27, 2024

Trio and then Solo

Very early moon
The three of us did an early morning hike on our usual route, but the cold wind kept us from adding any extra distance.  We drove straight home after the outing.

I decided to go out on my own afterwards, driving the Jeep over to the barriers on Geothermal Road.  I trekked eastward toward Tortugas Mountain for a ways before turning around.  The sandy soil was killing my aching feet and the wind had gotten particularly stiff, especially on my way back to the Jeep when it impeded my forward movement.

During my solo hike I got some decent photos, but I put myself through a bit of agony to get them.

Swainson's Hawk

Just west of Tortugas Mountain

Across the desert to Tortugas and the Organs

Faxon Yucca and shadow

Three wise men (Soaptree Yucca)

Wils sitting down on the job

This & next:  late-blooming Claret Cup


Last 2:  same prickly pear cactus flower


 

1 comment:

Dr. K said...

I love the 2 photos of the yellow Prickly Pear flower.

Blooming Desert

1st 2:  Desert Cardinal eating ocotillo flowers We did quite a bit of bushwhacking from the left branch arroyo this morning, and I took a lo...