Search This Blog

Followers

Thursday, August 6, 2026

Bad Bad Air

Yellow, blue and purple flowers
We don't know where the smoke was coming from--northern New Mexico, perhaps--but the air was atrocious this morning during our hike.  Nevertheless, Dr. K, Willow and I did the entire trek.  We could feel the smoke in our lungs, though it wasn't overly irritating; still you wish you didn't have to breathe that type of pollution on a morning outing.
White-winged Dove

This & next:  5 White-winged Doves


This & next:  Desert Marigolds


This & next:  really ripe prickly pear fruit


Barrel cactus buds, some flowering

Post-hike heeler

 

1 comment:

Dr. K said...

I like the images of the ripe Prickly Pear fruit.

No Prizewinners

Wils, sand break It was hot out there already when Dr. K, Willow and I began our morning hike.  We decided early on to cut the trek short be...