Search This Blog

Followers

Monday, July 28, 2008

Alter Ego


The desert has had a whole other self in the past few days. It's been steamy here, and it reminds me very much of Augusts in Northeastern Ohio, where Packrat was born in a midden on Arch Street. In the photo at left, you can see the wet, compacted sand of the desert floor.
Arroyos are still saturated from the heavy rains.
This small sagebrush-like plant is beginning to bloom. At first I thought it was a White Sagebrush, but I'm pretty sure it's not.
Is it even a sage? The leaves look like some salvia I have seen, but I haven't been able to place the flowers yet.

No comments:

Hump Day Hawk

Tortugas and the Organs We got a fairly early start this morning so it wasn't hot at all:  62F.  The cloud cover helped the temperature ...