Search This Blog

Followers

Thursday, July 31, 2008

Yellow Flowers and Pollution


My ignorance is on display today in trying to identify two of the three plants in these first three photos. When I try to get Research Associate Becca involved in the discussion, she just shrugs her shoulders and goes to find a cool place to lie down. This first plant is, I believe, Rough Menodora.
This specimen I am unable to find in any of my resources, but it appears to be some type of daisy.
The third plant is Twinleaf Senna; notice the twin leaves?
This final photo looking south to El Paso/Ciudad Juarez, Mexico shows the "pass of the north," the opening between the Franklin Mountains (left) and the Sierra de Juarez (right). Although hard to see in this photo, the pollution in the Borderplex is pretty bad.

No comments:

The Wilster and Me

Organ Mountains from Baylor Canyon Road We had to wait for a plumber from Sun City Plumbing to change out the hose bib next to the garage; f...