Search This Blog

Followers

Monday, July 7, 2008

Monday, Monday . . .


Research Associate Becca and I were out early on the trail this morning for research purposes. Before I realized it she had her nose nearly poked into the back of a black tarantula, and I had to call her off. In truth, it's very hard to get bitten by a tarantula--but not impossible. We stopped here for our second water break.
Back in the west side parking lot at Tortugas Mountain, I photographed the new bridge over the arroyo and the new ramada the BLM built recently. Nice work.
This sign was posted only a few days ago, and it indicates the area is jointly managed by the BLM and New Mexico State University.

No comments:

The Low High Country

Morning sky Dr. K, Willow and I did our regular hike this morning, headed back home and finished packing for our trip to the high country, w...