Search This Blog

Followers

Wednesday, July 23, 2008

A Slog Through the Desert


This morning had the type of weather that made it almost impossible to enjoy our outing. The sun was blazing already, the humidity was high, and there was almost no wind to speak of. I was wiping my face on my shirt sleeves every ten steps, and sweat was literally beading on my arms. Research Associate Becca doesn't have to worry about wiping off her arms. She's all legs. I must say she looks rather fetching in her new halter. I almost didn't want to stop for photo ops, but there were a few I couldn't pass up.







Take this beetle, for instance. It's all global body and very little head.


Then there was this Devil's Claw (aka Unicorn Plant) that had two pale yellow blooms.

Close-up shot of the Devil's Claw flowers.


No comments:

Hump Day Hawk

Tortugas and the Organs We got a fairly early start this morning so it wasn't hot at all:  62F.  The cloud cover helped the temperature ...