Search This Blog

Followers

Saturday, April 20, 2013

Killer Rabbit

Bowing in obeisance
The Desert Cottontail pictured here didn't seem very upset by our presence.  That missing chunk from its left ear led me to believe it was a real fighter.  Additonally, the intimidating look it gave me after I took four photos convinced me that we should be moseying along before things escalated into a brawl.  I had to explain all this to Becca as I led her away from a potentially-unpleasant confrontation with a member of the Leporidae clan.
What do you mean "What happened to my ear?"

You're getting on my nerves

Becca spots a mountain biker

Yucca in bloom

Torrey Yucca flowers and Tortugas Mountain

Study area "N" and the Franklin Mountains

Becca on the mountain road

Becca spots a jogger

Soaptree Yucca in the sandy desert

Ocotillo budding out

3 comments:

Dr. K said...

That rabbit looks pretty territorial.

Caroline said...

Good thing Becca didn't get too close!

Scott said...

There's a Monty Python skit in there somewhere...

The Low High Country

Morning sky Dr. K, Willow and I did our regular hike this morning, headed back home and finished packing for our trip to the high country, w...