Search This Blog

Followers

Monday, April 22, 2013

Moonwalk Monday

White-Wing Dove sitting on an egg at our hacienda
This morning was the first day I hiked in a short-sleeve shirt and shorts even though a breeze made it feel rather cool at first.  That changed quickly with physical exertion, and less than a quarter-mile into the hike it felt perfectly fine.  We are headed for 87 F today (30.5 C) before another cold front sweeps in, lowering the temperatures into the mid-70s.  Pretty soon I'll have to switch over from the furnace to the evaporative cooler--not a fun proposition, which requires climbing onto the roof.
Claret Cup flower in our backyard


Along Tortugas Mountain's western flank

Small Mesquite Tree in  large arroyo

Becca at the leaning tower of Yucca

In the foothills

4 comments:

Dr. K said...

I love to see the desert coming to life when it starts to get hotter.

Scott said...

87 in April--why I don't live in Las Cruces...

If the temperature outside never got above 65 degrees for the rest of my life, I'd be happy.

Scott said...

I don't get the "moonwalk" reference, Packrat. Sorry.

packrat said...

Becca and I moonwalked the entire hike, Scott, like Michael Jackson might have done.

Metatarsalgia Hike

Willow taking a break Dr. K, Willow and I took our regular hike this morning despite my aching feet.  I seem to have all the symptoms of met...