Search This Blog

Followers

Friday, July 11, 2014

Thank God for the Wind

Shade!
If it weren't for the wind we'd have really suffered this morning.  It was hot and humid--very humid.  I think we have a decent shot at rain this evening.  Becca had three breaks for shade and a drink on our trek.  I'm glad she drinks freely on these summer hikes.  I always carry enough water for the both of us.  I'm amazed frequently by runners with dogs who have no water at all.  I suppose if you zip around the mountain on a half-hour run then rehydrate back at the car it isn't too dangerous.
Organ Mountains

Attached to Mother Earth

This Yucca died then did a split

3 comments:

Scott said...

I especially liked "Attached to Mother Earth." The ocotillos look almost unearthly in this image.

packrat said...

I thought the same thing, Scott. Generally Ocotillos aren't raised up to expose their root stems like that.

Dr. K said...

I like it when Becca wags her tail when you approach her.

Before the Winds Came

Ocotillo blossoms We got a fairly early start this morning, saw the Basset people and their hounds while we descended LDR-A arroyo, saw a hu...