Search This Blog

Followers

Tuesday, July 1, 2014

A Promise of Rain?

Old experimental towers on NMSU property
We caught a real break from the heat on our hike this morning, and both Becca and I really appreciated it.  Although it was hot, we had a good, heavy overcast in spots, blotting out the sun most of the time.  There was also a nice breeze to moderate the heat.  The dewpoint was quite high, too, raising hopes that we might get some precipitation later in the day.  When I took Becca out for her afternoon ride half an hour ago it really looked like rain.  The downside:  the high humidity makes for some discomfort.
Hot from the start

A break in the shadow of an Ocotillo

A portent of rain?

Organ Mountains

Light and shadow

Praying for precip

Happy hiker even when it's hot

3 comments:

Scott said...

"Only" 92 degrees here and very humid. I feel sorry for you, Packrat; I know you're miserable.

packrat said...

92 and very humid? I feel sorry for you, too, Scott.

As I type this (5:40 pm) it's raining lightly. Thunder, but no lightning as of yet.

Dr. K said...

I like the soft blue of the sky in several of these photos.

Hump Day Hawk

Tortugas and the Organs We got a fairly early start this morning so it wasn't hot at all:  62F.  The cloud cover helped the temperature ...