Search This Blog

Followers

Saturday, March 28, 2015

Getting Toasty

Monitoring three Jackrabbits' flight into the desert
Weather forecasters are predicting we'll hit 86 degrees Fahrenheit today; that's 30 degrees Celsius.  That's the high we usually reach in mid-May, so pardon me while I complain about the heatwave for a spell.  The only redeeming thing about this temperature rise is that nighttime temps are going to be in the mid-40s F.  That means it takes the day longer before the ambient temperature feels somewhat uncomfortable.  I have relatives who love the heat; my brother, for example, lives in the Phoenix area and has no problem with the 97 F (36.1 C) they'll hit today.
They went that-a-way

In the Tortoise's foothills

The trail bends this-a-way

One of Becca's favorite sandy arroyo bottoms

Critter alert!

Torrey Yuccas still blooming all over the desert

With Tortugas Mountain as backdrop

3 comments:

Dr. K said...

I'm sure we'll get a cold spell pretty soon, Packrat.

packrat said...

Let's hope so, Dr. K.

:)

Liz Tipping said...

Just catching up on your blog, DP. Have to say I am quite envious of the 30 degrees- although I'd only be complaining if it was that warm!

Early Early Hike

Old Soaptree Yucca seed pod Because I had a 10 a.m. doctor's appointment today Dr. K, Willow and I got a very early start on our trek:  ...