Search This Blog

Followers

Wednesday, June 10, 2015

On the Up-and-Up

Hot desert morning
Becca and I took a short hike west of Tortugas Mountain this morning before heading home.  There we finished packing (Dr. K and I, not Becca) for our trip to the high country.  It's much cooler here in the Sacramento Mountains, but not exactly chilly; right now it's 78 F, and we'll dip into the high 50s tonight.  Dr. K did a little yard work this afternoon while I fixed a malfunctioning deadbolt lock on our front door.  Becca lay around lazily enjoying the mountain weather.  She did get to play with her buddies Champ and Cowboy when we first got here at 12:15 p.m.  
Early shade break for both Becca and me

Trying to figure out why this company would be heading up the mountain

Can you find the huge Collared Lizard?

Another shady respite

Up in High Rolls, New Mexico

Sweet Peas growing in our yard

View from the side yard

1 comment:

Dr. K said...

Okay, I'm stuck--I couldn't find that lizard!

Before the Winds Came

Ocotillo blossoms We got a fairly early start this morning, saw the Basset people and their hounds while we descended LDR-A arroyo, saw a hu...