Search This Blog

Followers

Monday, September 25, 2017

Long-Sleeve Shirt Weather

A hint of clouds
It was chilly enough this morning to wear a long-sleeve shirt or a light jacket on the first part of our trek.  I wore neither; short-sleeve shirt and shorts for me.  The chill was off as soon as Becca and I crested the high foothills trail and broke into the sunlight.  Then, as is normal in the northern Chihuahuan Desert, we almost felt too hot by hike's end.  There weren't too many outdoor enthusiasts on and about the mountain; we saw only four or five cars in the Sunset Area parking lot when we got back to the trailhead.  Went to the dentist to get my teeth cleaned in the late morning; now I feel as if I've been run over by a Mack Truck.
Which will come first--flower or frost?

Chillin' in the shadows

Breaking into the sunlight

Washboard clouds

Heading back up the mountain

Still a fur piece to go

Rugged west side of Tortugas Mountain

1 comment:

Dr. K said...

I like the photo of the ocotillo blossom--interesting perspective.

The Low High Country

Morning sky Dr. K, Willow and I did our regular hike this morning, headed back home and finished packing for our trip to the high country, w...