Search This Blog

Followers

Monday, September 11, 2017

Trek West

Along the high foothills trail redux
Becca and I did a semi-long hike west of Tortugas Mountain early this morning.  The temperature was reasonably cool so we extended the hike by a few miles.  We bumped into only one other hiker, a guy ascending into the upper foothills as were were heading down.  He and I spoke briefly about Becca and the importance of daily exercise.  Three-fourths of the way through the trek Becca began limping slightly.  I ccould find no thorns or cactus spikes in her front paws, so it may be a slight muscle pull.  I'll monitor her carefully before deciding whether it's safe to take her on an outing tomorrow.
Cold shoulder

Ocotillos:  losing leaves and blossoming simultaneously

Yellowing in progress west of the mountain

Ocotillo growing sideways

Not this again

Desert Marigold

Same Marigold, different perspective

1 comment:

Dr. K said...

I wonder what's going on with the ocotillo that was growing sideways?

Metatarsalgia Hike

Willow taking a break Dr. K, Willow and I took our regular hike this morning despite my aching feet.  I seem to have all the symptoms of met...