Search This Blog

Followers

Wednesday, September 6, 2017

Not Much of a Hump

This and the next two:  Becca on the single-track
It felt pretty warm when Becca and I started out this morning even though it was in the mid-60F range.  The light was very odd, as if we're still getting smoke from forest fires in the Pacific Northwest, but not as hazy.  Even the hiker we ran into--a guy we see on the west side of the mountain fairly frequently--commented on the strange atmospheric conditions.  When the wind picked up midway through our trek I decided to extend the hike by several miles.  Becca was not complaining, only needing two shade and water breaks to stay cool and hydrated.  The past few days the area has been sparsely populated by outdoor enthusiasts, and Becca and I are happy about the greatly diminished crowds.


Desert Marigold and Hedgehog Cactus

Juxtaposition

Yellow Ocotillo

On the road back to Tortugas

Long vista

Change of direction

Othake, aka "Sand Palafoxia" (Palafoxia sphacelata)

Long-distance shots of a Scott's Oriole

Scott's Oriole

1 comment:

Dr. K said...

Beautiful photos of the Scott's Oriole, one of my favorite birds in this area.

Metatarsalgia Hike

Willow taking a break Dr. K, Willow and I took our regular hike this morning despite my aching feet.  I seem to have all the symptoms of met...