Search This Blog

Followers

Tuesday, February 20, 2018

Another Cool One

Western slope of Tortugas Mountain
Becca and I got a fairly early start on our hike west of Tortugas Mountain this morning, primarily because I had to go shopping at Target and Albertsons when I got back.  We ran into JC and Olivia again up near the dilapidated shack on the mountain road, and we trekked back to the cars together.  It was a very pleasant outing that was nearly cancelled by my subsequent shopping ventures to the two stores.  Suffice it to say I returned from my chores in a thoroughly disgusted mood.
Becca forging ahead

Starting the climb

Tripartite Torrey Yucca

Something's stuck in the roof of my mouth

Cactus Wren (Campylorhynchus brunneicapillus)

Magdalena Peak and its observatory

Magdalena Peak

All the way across the Mesilla Valley

Check out that UFO near the top edge

Happy hiker in the high foothills

Flank of Tortugas and the Organs

A closer look

Closer still

Top of Tortugas

Rugged desert west of Tortugas

Rugged Organ Mountains

Yet another dynamic sky

Sky over the mountains

Beautiful landscape

Another lovely Loggerhead Shrike (Lanius ludovicianus)

1 comment:

Dr. K said...

Another morning of a beautiful, dynamic sky. I especially like the first photo that shows Magdelena Peak.

Grand Old Grand View Trail

Early morning moon Willow got an early morning surprise today; when we came back down the drive after her constitutional we stopped at the p...