Search This Blog

Followers

Sunday, November 25, 2018

Holiday Finito

Moon x3
We got another early start on the Grand View Trail this morning, and we saw no humans or horses enjoying the national forest.  We saw plenty of birds, though, but I couldn't get any good photos of them.  Back at the trailhead--just as we were getting ready to drive away--a woman pulled into the parking area.  I powered down the driver-side window to chat with her a bit.  She was there to hike with her dog, who she'd rescued from a hard life:  living for a year-and-a-half in a small cage with two other large dogs.  When I said, "Some people shouldn't be allowed to have pets, or children," she said, "Well, I don't like to judge."  I have no problem passing judgment on people who mistreat animals and children, and, in this matter, I don't care if anyone thinks I'm being too judgmental.


Morning sky over Haynes Canyon

Up near the pumphouse

Mormon Tea and White Sands

Colorful leaves

Used the dry brush filter on this

High Rolls

Transition zone

Deer or elk?

A little local color

Flora alongside the trail

Townsend's Solitaire

Tree catching the morning sun

White Sands, of course

Through the cut again

Sotols and junipers

Pleasant little high-desert grove

Becca enjoying our morning trek

Four-wing Saltbush

Dead tree

Animals found in this region

Surveying her domain

1 comment:

Dr. K said...

Even though we've done this trail many times, I've never noticed that grove before, with the tree and the grass, right off the trail. Too bad I have to go back to work.

Metatarsalgia Hike

Willow taking a break Dr. K, Willow and I took our regular hike this morning despite my aching feet.  I seem to have all the symptoms of met...