Search This Blog

Followers

Tuesday, May 14, 2019

Rattlesnake Booster

Becca's reaction when she learned she'd get a booster shot today
Becca and I did a shorter hike this morning so I could return home, shower and head to Target and Albertsons for the weekly resupply visit.  Target is undergoing a remodeling, so it's a total pain in the butt shopping there.

At 2:40 p.m. I had to take Becca over to Arroyo Vet clinic to get her six-month rattlesnake vaccination booster and a heartworm test.  Since the vet's office is Becca's least favorite place on earth you won't be surprised to hear that she was very stressed.  Of course her anxiety stresses me out, too.  The booster shot was no problem, and the heartworm test results were negative.  She was so eager to get out of there she nearly pulled my arm out of its shoulder socket.
West of the mountain

Soaptree getting ready to bloom

Ocotillo flower

Rugged west side of Tortugas

Heading west on Geothermal Road

Huge Soaptree Yucca

Soaptrees

Cow Tongue Prickly Pear

Further west of Tortugas

Long way through the desert

Meh

Torrey Yucca in B&W

♫ Sing, sing a song, sing out loud, sing out strong . . . ♫

This and the next:  same Soaptree Yuccas west of the mountain


1 comment:

Dr. K said...

I never get tired looking at the close-up photos of ocotillo flowers, especially when they are stuffed with pollen.

Metatarsalgia Hike

Willow taking a break Dr. K, Willow and I took our regular hike this morning despite my aching feet.  I seem to have all the symptoms of met...