Search This Blog

Followers

Thursday, April 29, 2021

A Wet Human and Two Soggy Doggies

Ocotillo flowering
I felt fairly certain Frio, Willow and I would get spit upon this morning, but it turned out a bit worse for us.  It was sprinkling when we crossed the Tellbrook Arroyo and began following the single-track west through the desert, but as soon as we reached the new arroyo the rain started coming down fairly hard.

I had managed to take a few photos before the precipitation got heavy, but after I slipped my camera case into its protective cover I never took it out again.  We were all pretty wet by the time we got back to the CR-V in the upper flatland.

Upper flatland road

Claret Cup Hedgehog Cactus

This and the next 2:  clouds blanketing the Organ Mountains



Pyrrhuloxia (aka "Desert Cardinal")

 

1 comment:

Dr. K said...

Beautiful photos of the ocotillo flowers and the Desert Cardinal.

Bad Day All Around

Rest in peace, best male heeler ever.  Our beloved Frio The first thing we did this morning was to take Frio to the vet to put him out of hi...