Search This Blog

Followers

Thursday, April 22, 2021

Again a Red Flag

Typical Chihuahuan Desert scene
Willow, Frio and I had a good hike up to First Arroyo and back before the wind started.  We're under yet another Red Flag Warning from noon until 9 p.m.  Blowing dust and sand is expected in the desert in the early spring, but it gets old.

We saw a few critters on our trek, but no one else.  Both Heelers were on their best behavior today; they didn't even get riled up over the dogs we saw during our drive--both coming and going.  I'm not sure what the secret ingredient is for that behavior, but I wish I could distill the essence and bottle it.

I'm giving Frio and Willow grades of A+ for today.  :)

New pads and flower buds

This and the next:  Willow and Frio


This and the next 2: in First Arroyo looking at the mountain



This and the next:  mesquite branches


Last 2:  Claret Cup Cactus


 

1 comment:

Dr. K said...

I love that last photo of the Claret Cup flower.

Bad Day All Around

Rest in peace, best male heeler ever.  Our beloved Frio The first thing we did this morning was to take Frio to the vet to put him out of hi...