Search This Blog

Followers

Wednesday, July 7, 2021

Arroyo to Arroyo

First 5:  clouds over the Organ Mountains
Another big rain in the early morning hours today--about 2:30.  I immediately jumped out of bed and went to shut the patio enclosure doors.  Don't know how long it poured down because I went right back to sleep.

Willow, Frio and I hiked up to Second Arroyo today, had a brief rest and some water, bushwhacked over to First Arroyo and then headed back.

We saw no other outdoor enthusiasts during our trek, but Terry honked the horn of his Jeep and Pamela yelled, "Hi, Bob" as they drove past us just as we were getting out of the CR-V before our hike.

I had to drive through the construction on Tellbrook both going and coming today, and it's bound to last through the next few weeks.

It rained again slightly after noon when Dr. K and I were outside playing with the Heelers.  The way the atmosphere feels right now I wouldn't be surprised if it rains again.





This & the next:  Allthorn flowering


Cloudy Organs

This & the next:  Frio and Willow


Soaptree and Ocotillo

Jerry after this morning's heavy rain

Inside Second Arroyo

This & the next:  Frio and Willow


Jerry after facial reconstruction

Tortugas and the Organs

Probably a Black-chinned Hummer

Last 2:  more clouds over the Organs


 

1 comment:

Dr. K said...

Gorgeous photos of the clouds, sky, and mountains this morning. I'm glad you gave the yucca plant we call Jerry Garcia a makeover.

Early Early Hike

Old Soaptree Yucca seed pod Because I had a 10 a.m. doctor's appointment today Dr. K, Willow and I got a very early start on our trek:  ...