Search This Blog

Followers

Sunday, July 11, 2021

Starting Low, Ending High

UAP over the Organs
Willow, Frio and I did a hike in our regular area this morning before returning home to finish packing for a trip into the high country.

We're in the Sacramento Mountains now where the temperature is decidedly cooler and a big storm is brewing.  Weather app says we have a 100% chance of precipitation later today.

We saw what looked to be a really bad accident on Highway 70 near White Sands National Park on our way up here, but we've learned nothing about it so far.

Mesquite leaves

Reminds me of a rock I once saw in Big Bend NP

Inside First Arroyo

Northern sky

Willow and Frio

Frio and Willow

Soaptree Yuccas in First Arroyo

Sky over Tortugas Mountain


Storm brewing in the high country

 

1 comment:

Dr. K said...

Beautiful photo of the storm brewing in the high country.

Metatarsalgia Hike

Willow taking a break Dr. K, Willow and I took our regular hike this morning despite my aching feet.  I seem to have all the symptoms of met...