Search This Blog

Followers

Wednesday, August 11, 2021

Another Phone Camera Photo Day

Upper flatland road
It was up to Second Arroyo and back for Willow, Frio and me on an overcast morning that appeared to have a decent chance of rain.  Left my camera at home again and relied on my phone for taking photos.  They came out pretty well.

We saw nobody during our trek, not even the usual denizens of the desert.  I wouldn't have had much success anyway trying to photograph critters with a cell phone camera.

Tortugas and the Organs
Large Barrel at the side of LDR-A
I was happy to see Desert Palafox beginning to bloom as it's one of my favorite flowers.
Van Goghish image?

This & the next 3:  Desert Zinnia bouquets




Willow and Frio in Second Arroyo

Bouquet in Second Arroyo

Couldn't decide between this & the next:  so I included both


Bouquet and Soaptree Yuccas

Desert Palafox (Palofoxia sphacelata)

Fishhook Barrel Cactus

 

1 comment:

Dr. K said...

Nice photo of the Desert Palafox, Packrat.

Early Early Hike

Old Soaptree Yucca seed pod Because I had a 10 a.m. doctor's appointment today Dr. K, Willow and I got a very early start on our trek:  ...