Search This Blog

Followers

Sunday, August 22, 2021

Green on Green

Upper flatland road
It was hot and humid (and pretty awful) this morning as Willow, Frio and I hiked up to Second Arroyo.  If not for a light wind that picked up about midway through our trek conditions would have been horrible.  Add to that the innumerable bugs bugging us, and you get the picture.

Yesterday in First Arroyo, when I was giving the Heelers a drink, a sand fly bit me on the lower left leg; it still hurts today.  Fortunately I escaped from today's outing without getting bitten.

We saw nobody hiking in our section of desert even though there were a bunch of cars parked at the Tellbrook/Sonoma Ranch lot when we started off.  We did see a group of bicyclists (perhaps 10) pedaling up Tellbrook on our way to the trailhead.  Fortunately we didn't encounter them again.

Starting down LDR-A

Organ Mountains

This & the next 2: Cinchweed coloring the desert floor yellow



Perpendicheelers

Don't know if I've ever seen the Chihuahuan Desert this green

This & the next:  same Barrel Cactus flower


Frio and Willow

This & the next:  Organ Mountains


Green on green

 

1 comment:

Dr. K said...

The desert is so amazingly green. I love that first photo, Upper Flatland Road.

Metatarsalgia Hike

Willow taking a break Dr. K, Willow and I took our regular hike this morning despite my aching feet.  I seem to have all the symptoms of met...