Search This Blog

Followers

Wednesday, December 29, 2021

All Alone

First 3:  hiking the northern flank of Tortugas Mountain
A solo hike for me this morning because Mr. Frio had quite a limp in his back right leg that started not long after we played ball at 3:00 p.m. yesterday.  When I saw that he was still limping this morning I made an appointment with the vet for tomorrow afternoon.  This afternoon Frio has shown some improvement in the leg action, so I'm hoping it's a pulled or strained muscle.

I left Willow behind with Frio because it's not fair to either dog to leave the other out, and, also, Frio feels better when his sister is with him.  I hate to hike without them, but it is what it is.

I parked the Jeep Commander on the Sunset side of Tortugas Mountain where I've parked so often in the past and trekked up the road to the parking lot.  From there I took the steep trail up to the loop trail that crosses the mountain's northern flank, turned around and followed the high trail along the western flank, descended to the trail that leads back to the lower parking area and my waiting Jeep.  It was rather chilly while I was out there, but sunny.



Next 4:  Torrey Yuccas along the flank trail




Sun over the mountain

Torrey Yucca on the way back

This & next:  in the shadow of the mountain


This & next:  from the flank trail


This & next:  Strawberry Hedgehog and yuccas on the slope


This & next:  Strawberry Hedgehog on the west slope


Small Barrel Cactus and creosote

 

1 comment:

Dr. K said...

I love the photo you called Sun Over the Mountain.

Low Country and then High

This & next:  Pyrrhuloxia (aka Desert Cardinal) Willow and I did our regular hike this morning, returning afterward to finish packing fo...