Search This Blog

Followers

Thursday, December 16, 2021

Frustration

Soaptree and Organs
I had to abruptly end this morning's hike after about one-tenth of our normal trek; that's due to six or seven coyotes who crossed LDR-A ahead of us, making their way through the desert in the direction of the Organ Mountains in the east.

Frio and Willow went nuts when they saw the wild canids, nearly pulling me off my feet.  I had to struggle to keep the Heelers in check.  Eventually I stopped completely, hoping they'd get distracted and forget about their desert cousins.  Not to be.  As soon as we started down the arroyo that parallels LDR-A the mutts picked up the coyote scent and began surging ahead relentlessly.  That's when I decided to end the hike.

On the way back to our CR-V I explained to the dogs why their morning joy had ended so much sooner than usual, but they either didn't understand, didn't give a crap, or were already wondering what kind of treats they'd get when we got home.

Tortugas and the Organs

Organ Mountains--part of the southern Rockies

Miscreants

Meh

Three Kings again

What manner of beast?

 

1 comment:

Dr. K said...

Nice photo of the miscreants. I hope they behave better in the future.

Low Country and then High

This & next:  Pyrrhuloxia (aka Desert Cardinal) Willow and I did our regular hike this morning, returning afterward to finish packing fo...