Search This Blog

Followers

Thursday, December 2, 2021

As Yesterday, So Today

Clouds at start
We three did the exact same hike as yesterday with one notable exception:  I took 13 fewer photos today.  The morning was beautiful, about 45F at the start of our trek.  We're supposed to warm to a sunny 71F this afternoon.

The Heelers very nearly pulled me off my feet when they lurched at a rapidly departing jackrabbit this morning as we descended the arroyo that parallels LDR-A.  I actually had to run a few feet to stay upright.

I've had large dogs, medium dogs and small dogs over many years, but Frio and Willow are undoubtedly pound-for-pound the strongest dogs I've ever known.  Admittedly I'm a bit less stout now than when I was younger, but these two Heelers are powerful.  Becca was very strong, too, but she was bigger than these two.

Organ Mountains

Stinging Serpent leaves (aka Cervallia sinuata)

This & next:  Tortugas and the Organs


Organ Mountains otra vez

Flank of Tortugas and the Organs

This & next:  morning sky


This & next 2:  deadwood sticks



This & next:  Soaptree Yuccas


Last 2:  Frio and Willow


 

1 comment:

Dr. K said...

My favorite of the photos of the deadwood sticks is the second one that's in color.

Early Early Hike

Old Soaptree Yucca seed pod Because I had a 10 a.m. doctor's appointment today Dr. K, Willow and I got a very early start on our trek:  ...