Search This Blog

Followers

Thursday, December 30, 2021

Another Solo

First 5:  morning skies
Left the Heelers at home this morning to do a short hike in our regular spot.  I reversed the route a bit by descending into Right Branch Arroyo down the steep hill just off the upper flatland road.

I followed that branch until the intersection with the left, and then climbed the left to its head.  I had planned on going back up the right branch, but decided instead to go down to the Tellbrook Arroyo, head west and ascend into the upper flatland via the LDR-A arroyo.

I was hoping to spot a few coyotes during my trek, but only ran across a a jackrabbit and one Cactus Wren.  The jackrabbit refused to pause long enough for me to photograph it.





2 Barrel Cacti

This Barrel Cactus is about 3' tall

Soaptree and the mountains

Left Branch Arroyo and morning sun

This & next:  Cactus Wren in a Torrey Yucca


Dynamic sky

Appropriate cap to wear when hiking in or near the Organs

Tortugas and the Organs

Whitethorn Acacia in B&W

Whitethorn Acacia in color

Took the Jeep Commander this morning

Desert life

 

1 comment:

Dr. K said...

I love the first photo of the Cactus Wren in the Torrey Yucca.

Rim Trail Trek

Just starting off on Rim Trail 105 this morning We decided to drive to Sunspot and hike the Rim Trail which starts near the Apache Point tur...