Search This Blog

Followers

Monday, July 16, 2012

Hot and Dry in the Outback

Parched desert--again
I heard on the news yesterday that 26 of our 50 states are in serious drought conditions, the worst drought in over 25 years.  We have a slight chance of rain today, and I'm doing a rain dance in hopes of bringing the precipitation.  I know there are a lot of climate change deniers who think humans don't have a hand in affecting our climate, but I am absolutely convinced we humans have wreaked havoc with our ecosystem.
City at the edge of the desert

Looking for adventure

1 comment:

Dr. K said...

I hope your rain dance works, Packrat.

Before the Winds Came

Ocotillo blossoms We got a fairly early start this morning, saw the Basset people and their hounds while we descended LDR-A arroyo, saw a hu...