Search This Blog

Followers

Monday, August 5, 2013

A New Record for the Osha Trail?

Getting started on the Osha Trail
We ran into a grand total of twelve hikers on the Osha Trail this morning--MONDAY morning.  Well, it's still summer, and many people are on vacation.  It's as Dr. K always says, "You can't blame people for wanting to enjoy the outdoors."  And as Packrat always says:  "I don't blame them--I just don't want to see them."  In truth, I never mind running into friendly outdoor enthusiasts, and I often stop and talk with them.  When they start telling me their life stories, though, it's time to make a hasty departure.
Type of Geranium?

Still no ID on this, but . . .

this is what its small leaves look like

Becca sees two hikers headed our way

The Osha Trail passes through a grassy woodland

You can go one of three ways here

Helianthus

Skyrocket Gilia!


A wild rose back at the ranch

1 comment:

Dr. K said...

For such a beautiful trail, I guess we should feel lucky we didn't encounter more people than that.

Metatarsalgia Hike

Willow taking a break Dr. K, Willow and I took our regular hike this morning despite my aching feet.  I seem to have all the symptoms of met...