Search This Blog

Followers

Tuesday, August 27, 2013

Pre-Resupply Hike

Good shade in which to rest
I took Becca for an abbreviated hike on Tortugas's west side prior to heading off to do morning shopping at Target and Albertson's.  When we were done with our trek we ran into Jimmy back at the trailhead.  While he and I were talking, a worker from the BLM came over to chat briefly, interrupting his task of picking up garbage and discarded plastic bottles.  I knew he wasn't from this area (Earth) because he kept referring to arroyos as "auroras."




A tiny arroyo (2- to 3-feet wide) has cut a small valley over the years

3 comments:

Scott said...

I really like the last image of the small arroyo running among the ocotillos. (Hey--that's a word you should have asked the BLM fellow to pronounce!)

Dr. K said...

I'm going to be disappointed when the ocotillo start losing their leaves.

packrat said...

Wouldn't I have been shocked, though, Scott, if he had pronounced "ocotillo" as "armadillo"?

The Low High Country

Morning sky Dr. K, Willow and I did our regular hike this morning, headed back home and finished packing for our trip to the high country, w...