Search This Blog

Followers

Saturday, August 31, 2013

Painting the Big White "A"

Becca spots another hiker on the mountain
As Becca and I were headed back on our hike this morning there was a lot of noise coming from the mountain.  I felt pretty certain it came from members of New Mexico State University's freshman class who were headed up to the top to repaint the enormous letter "A" that stands for "Aggies"--NMSU having its start as an agricultural college.  But when I got home and blew the photo up (last image here) I noticed that the hikers were all women, raising doubts about my initial assessment regarding their presence.
One of numerous dirt roads in the area

Typical Chihuahuan Desert flora

Ocotillos still looking good

Becca resting in the shadow of a huge Ocotillo

The prickly pear that gives Prickly Pear Cactus its name

I count at least 28 young women hiking up the mountain

3 comments:

Dr. K said...

Maybe this was a sorority field trip.

Scott said...

What? Women can't paint?

packrat said...

Scott: Any comment I make in response will only get me into trouble.

:)

Hump Day Hawk

Tortugas and the Organs We got a fairly early start this morning so it wasn't hot at all:  62F.  The cloud cover helped the temperature ...