Search This Blog

Followers

Thursday, August 22, 2013

Not Quite "All-Dog" Blog

A dip in the foothills trail
I'm a dog lover.  Always have been.  From the time I was first really introduced to dogs--as a very young boy who used to ride Tick and Tock, my Uncle Ed's German Shorthaired Pointers in the Adirondack region of upstate New York--I've always wanted to be around them.  I love cats and other animals, too, but I like the social aspect of canine behavior.  And when you're a hardcore hiker like I am it's always great to have a canine companion who enjoys the outdoors as much as you do.
Forging ahead

Cresting this section of the trail

Buds and flower of a Barrel Cactus

Soon to break out in blossoms

Closeup of flower replete with pollen

3 comments:

Scott said...

Kali, ever the cat lover and indifferent (or worse) about dogs, has been making noises lately about how she sees she could have a dog around. Regardless of how I feel about cats (or dogs), no more pets! When the current crop passes away--that's it! (Could this attitude have anything to do with the fact that I do ALL animal-related activities around the house, and I do mean ALL?)

Dr. K said...

I like to jokingly call Packrat a pet slave. Becca has trained him well.

packrat said...

Comments like that will get you into the doghouse, Scott.

:)

Hump Day Hawk

Tortugas and the Organs We got a fairly early start this morning so it wasn't hot at all:  62F.  The cloud cover helped the temperature ...