Search This Blog

Followers

Wednesday, October 9, 2013

Midweek Middling Hike

Becca spots a mountain biker coming up the trail behind us
Becca and I did a moderately-long hike about 2/3 of the way around the mountain and back.  We had one encounter with a mountain biker and one with a woman jogger behind the mountain.  I took off my jacket about 1/4 mile into the trek because it felt pleasantly warm in the Chihuahuan Desert.  It was very relaxing out there, but I had a message from the local Toyota dealership when we got back telling me that the repairs to my Rav4 were going to cost more than the estimate.  I was steeling myself for this reality, so I wasn't totally shocked.
Northwest side of Tortugas Mountain

Prickly Pear balancing act

I guess Packrat's not moving quickly enough

Behind Tortoise Mountain

Two trails diverged . . .

Spider-leg arms of a yellowing Ocotillo

1 comment:

Dr. K said...

So which trail did you all take?

Views from the Grand View

Sacramentos We did the Grand View Trail this morning, surprised that nobody else was there on a Sunday morning.  We hiked the entire first l...