Search This Blog

Followers

Thursday, October 24, 2013

The Thing About Pests

Blending in
I don't know if the overabundance of flies we have this season is due to the copious amounts of precipitation we got in September, but the flies are still out and about, pestering the heck out of Becca and me.  She's snapping at them constantly, and I'm swatting at them with both hands.  After they orbit my head several times they stop, and I know they're hitching a ride on my ball cap where I can't feel them.  Every once in a while I'll wave my hand over my hat and they'll start orbiting all over again.  Grrrrr!  By the way, on occasion Becca will catch one and get the "bitter insect" expression on her face.
Layers

Pause for thought

Becca-eye view

On the road around the mountain

Interesting shadow

Two-dome observatory

3 comments:

Dr. K said...

I like the Becca-eye view.

Scott said...

Most of the flies are done around here, Packrat, but I know what you mean. I call June "fly month" around here because that's when the pestiferous deer flies emerge.

packrat said...

"Pestiferous"--good word, Scott.

:)

The Low High Country

Morning sky Dr. K, Willow and I did our regular hike this morning, headed back home and finished packing for our trip to the high country, w...