Search This Blog

Followers

Thursday, January 16, 2014

Darned Wind

Centennial High School and the Dona Ana Mountains
It was 32 F when Becca and I hit the trail this morning, but it felt much colder because of a biting wind.  We hooked up with JC and Shaque on our return hike, so we hiked the inner loop trail with them.  When we were all headed for our cars Shaque ran ahead and greeted two young women in his super friendly way; but  one of the women was perturbed by his presence.  Referring to Shaque, I said to her, "He's very friendly."  The women walked by without speaking.  I made a comment to JC about their unfriendliness, at which point one turned back and said, "I've been bitten three times by friendly dogs."

Can't wait to get into the sun

Bedrock exposed by running water

Done with bushwhacking for now

Straight shot back into the high foothills

2 comments:

Scott said...

At first, I thought the bedrock exposed by running water was snow!

We only allowed leashed pets to walk with their human companions on the trails in my preserve because many people simply are intimidated by dogs--friendly or not.

Dr. K said...

I like the photo with the trail heading into the foothills.

Grand Old Grand View Trail

Early morning moon Willow got an early morning surprise today; when we came back down the drive after her constitutional we stopped at the p...