Search This Blog

Followers

Friday, January 10, 2014

Week in Review

Curve-billed Thrasher in a Cholla back at the ranch
Becca and I hiked near Tortugas Mountain here in the northern Chihuahuan Desert on Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday and Friday mornings.  That's the week in review.  On our way back this morning we hooked up with JC and Shaque on the inbound leg of the inner loop trail, and we talked college basketball.  Well, the humans did.  College basketball is my favorite team sport, and I'm a big fan of the University of Arizona Wildcats and the University of Texas-El Paso Miners.  My favorite basketball movies are Hoosiers and Glory Road.  I like the color blue.  :)
Hedgehog Cactus catching the morning rays

Hewing to the trail

Why are you looking at me like that?

3 comments:

Dr. K said...

I can see how the curved-bill thrasher got its name.

Caroline said...

And your favorite plant is...?

Great photos!

packrat said...

Caroline:

You're trying to get me to say my favorite plant is my new baby saguaro, aren't you?

:)

Views from the Grand View

Sacramentos We did the Grand View Trail this morning, surprised that nobody else was there on a Sunday morning.  We hiked the entire first l...