Search This Blog

Followers

Tuesday, January 21, 2014

Lost in Thought Again

Centennial High School in the distance
I spent three-fourths of our hike this morning thinking about how I might revise a young adult novel I wrote years ago.  It has solid characters and a good environmental message, so it seems a waste to just let it sit.  Fortunately, Becca and I ran into Shaque and JC for the final 1/4 of the trek.  JC and I got a big kick out of watching the dogs and the antics they got up to on the way back.  Shaque is 15 years 10 months old, and he scrambles around like a dog half his age.
A trail directly up the mountain

What's around this bend in the road?

How far away from him can I get?  (center)

I'm waiting for him

Shaque and JC

6 comments:

Dr. K said...

Shaque is an inspiration to us as we all get older.

Liz Tipping said...

I'd love to meet Becca and Shaque! Thanks for letting us take a walk withe them both.

JACQUELINE said...

Looking forward to reading that Y/A novel!!! An environmental flavour - publishers could possibly snap it up.

packrat said...

You're getting older, Dr. K?

packrat said...

Believe me, Liz, both Becca and Shaque would love to meet you, too!

packrat said...

Thanks, Jacqui. Perhaps I'll post the novel to Authonomy once it's revised.

Hump Day Hawk

Tortugas and the Organs We got a fairly early start this morning so it wasn't hot at all:  62F.  The cloud cover helped the temperature ...