Search This Blog

Followers

Wednesday, January 15, 2014

Hiking in the Middle

In the distance:  Centennial High School
Hiking in the middle of the week, that is.  It was quite cold when Becca and I started off this morning:  29F.  But things warmed up enough for me to remove my PolarPlus vest about midway through the trek.  We hiked with JC and Shaque for about 2/3 of the inner loop trail; by then I had removed my gloves and my ear flaps.  I think we're heading for a high near sixty degrees.  That's quite pleasant for mid-January in the northern Chihuahuan Desert.
Moseying along at this point

Looking back toward Las Cruces from the high foothills

What's black-and-white & red all over:  Becca, Shaque, collar and tongue

3 comments:

Scott said...

I think YOU'RE moseying along, not Becca. (At least, that's the impression I get of what she's thinking.)

Dr. K said...

Nice photo of Shaque and Becca.

packrat said...

I think you're right, Scott.

:)

Before the Winds Came

Ocotillo blossoms We got a fairly early start this morning, saw the Basset people and their hounds while we descended LDR-A arroyo, saw a hu...